By Kashish Kalra
I linger and loiter all around
And my happiness has no bound.
Free with open arms in the sky
While the sun and stars also look shy.
I savoured this freedom all day long
Until it was thought to be wrong.
That day I was put into a cage
And no one cared about my rage.
I was left lamenting thereafter
And could hear the human’s laughter
I don’t know what joy they had
While those iron rods made me mad.
Some creature I was to be
Kept in the cage, for people to see.
And my happiness has no bound.
Free with open arms in the sky
While the sun and stars also look shy.
I savoured this freedom all day long
Until it was thought to be wrong.
That day I was put into a cage
And no one cared about my rage.
I was left lamenting thereafter
And could hear the human’s laughter
I don’t know what joy they had
While those iron rods made me mad.
Some creature I was to be
Kept in the cage, for people to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment